Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekend Wandering

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? Psalm 8:3-4
(The sky was aglow coloring even the trees orange and hot pink but was not going to stay that color for long)


The The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalm 19:1
                             (How fast it changed, in a matter of seconds it was completely different)




  I don't want gross anyone out but there may be a bit of animal kingdom gore below (so if you are grossed out easily close your eyes and scroll down!) We have been studying birds this year and have become quiet the ornithologists, Brianne and I have! We noticed a commotion a few houses down the street and grabbed the camera to investigate and eureka! we struck feathered gold!!! they are actually very grand birds up close (if you can get past the ugly heads!) but I was able to get sooo close to them!! The all black bird is a Black Vulture and the red head is a Turkey Vulture.

                                                               
                                                     Sorry for the gore!!




5 comments:

  1. Oh my, we sure don't see those in my neighborhood! Great pics...gore and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. And...at least they "clean up the streets"....I hate to see poor dead things on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa ~ ! Wow! wonderful photos ~ stopping by to invite you to check out my new redesigned and added features at my blog and let me know what you think ~ http://artmusedog.blogspot.com ~ hugs and namaste, Carol ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We see those creepy vultures here, too! Thanks for stopping by to visit! We live in Ocala and visit the Gulf coast a lot. I love to do crafts...but when the weather's nice I spend more time outside! I need to CRAFT more! lol Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW- I have always loved vultures (I know some people think that's twisted). Awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete