Thursday, October 14, 2010

October Paper Art

Hi Everyone just wanted to share the small projects I have been working on this month. These are some card I did for fall/pre Thanksgiving they have all been sent already (shocking I know!) I wanted to give myself enough time to work on some Christmas cards this year instead of sending the generic store bought kind, I say I am going to send home made ones every year and I just never get around to making them!

      I wanted to keep them fairly simple without sacrificing detail so I chose this, this design is not my idea, I found a YouTube video from Two Peas in a Bucket that met my criteria simple yet detailed! It also allowed me to use up some of my scraps I had from other projects.
    Okay I know you all can see it!! Yes, the glitter mess! I was trying to hide another mistake (globs of glue) but the glitter just made it look worse! Thankfully it was just the prototype card not the ones I sent out!
    I really wanted to start using my Cricut machine more this year so I found a really nice autumn leaf svg file on the Internet (i would give credit for the file but I can't remember where I got it! Sorry) I cut the leaves, used a scrap piece of embossed card stock, some ink, and a ribbon and there ya have it super fast and simple. What makes it fast is being able to cut out all the leaves for ALL the cards at once!

I have another project going on for the CPA Group (Christian Paper Artist Yahoo group) but I cant show them until next month or it will ruin the players surprise, but I can give you a sneak peek!!..... What does 600 boxless matches and Christmas have to do with each other?? A Christmas Inspiration Match Box Swap yayyyyyy! I am almost done the two I am making, all I have to do is fill the boxes with petite goodies to inspire Christmas creativity and mail them away. As soon as the girls receive them I will post them for everyone else to see! Humm now what to do with all these loose matches...I know! Bon fire season is coming (it will probably take me all 600 matches to start the fire lol!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment