Monday, May 3, 2010

"Thanks Anyway"

So awesomely inspired by Ann's post I must mention it read it for your self. So you will understand how transformative giving thanks 'ANYWAY" really is. This is right where I"m at this week, it's been long and it's been sad and it's been strengthening too, but can I say 'thanks anyway'? can I say thanks for child who is lost and desperate
can I say "so grateful" for the pain that covers this mamma's heart when she cant do a thing to stop the rain in loved ones life because that's what I do, rush to aide first then ask for grace.
Can I?
with all the thanks being recorded and journaled and searched for and yes at times it has been a search, have I found the gratitude my savior has died to forge in my heart?
I can answer by saying that even though my expectations are not always met in others and answers to prayer are long waited for.... Thank you for your presence; the manna from heaven that I gather at the dawn of each new day, thank you for the light by which I gather it and the strength to keep gathering.
Thank you for grace enough to love such a lost and troubled soul
Thank you for the desire to rescue and heal, and help
Thank you for dust gathering on the TV screen because we are so busy educating, serving others and loving
Thank you for weeds knee high and the delightful little flowers they make which no one else on the block has!!!
Thank you for 9 year old play dates
and flubbed up scripture memorization and tears over writing chapter summaries
and books not yet read
for friends who listen
and pray
for husbands who come one step closer to a dream
for the hope in his eyes for the tenderness in his voice
for the River of Life that continues to nourish me and replenish me and give me a firm place to stand and a soft place to land and a resolute declaration of  "God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. (selah reminds us that the psalm requires a peaceful and meditative soul which can apprehend what the Holy Spirit propounds.)
Yes there is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. Psalm 46:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment