Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scrripture Tags and Books!





Wow I guess I just get totally caught up in my life and don't realize that it's been days since I posted! Here is one of the scripture tags I have been doing. This one is a gift for  Linda at Linda at linda jo's obsessions she is hosting a "man inchis swap" for fathers day in the CPA yahoo group. The tag is two sided and made using old text paper, and some vintage looking scrapbook papers, Distress Ink, a polymer medium photo transfer (using Golden brand polymer medium) some letter embellishments and some old ribbons. It was rather challenging doing art geared to a male theme because I have two girls and have always gravitated toward the girlier side of arting but  it's definitely  good to be challenged! Among other happenings here at the Gilham's we are now proud owner of "Peanut" a sweet little hamster! Brianne had been begging for one for a year now and since she has proved responsible and has saved her money we helped her out and got her one.
On Rejection-
"The truth is that every time a door closes behind us , the rest of the world opens up in front of us. All we need to do is stop pounding on the door that is closed, turn around , and see the largeness of life that now lies open to our souls."
-Parker Palmer 
What about you all? How do you deal with rejection? Do you see it as only a door closed or do you see it as a completely new opportunity to something new and exciting? I would love to hear what you think about this feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this tag! It is soooooo beautiful! I plan to put it on my blog soon..... I gotta go make some inchies. ha! I adore your men inchies....you should have them on here. Can I put them on my blog? I will link to you.....soon...

    ReplyDelete