Monday, April 19, 2010

Gratitude Monday

holy experience

Gratitude for the small things in life that take place on a whim, you know those things

unexpected

out of the ordinary that fill our hearts with joy and peace

and leave us wanting more yearning for the next time



Those breathless moments when I look up and don't see my baby any more but a brave young girl

I hold my breath as I realize she is becoming who she is becoming

Prayerfully and hopefully because she can see the one who created both of us in me

Soon glancing across a room or even this beach will be replaced with phone calls from college and hand written notes that I will undoubtedly open hungrily and even smell to see if there is any scent of her that I can cling to. I'll softly run my fingers across the lines on the page just as I used to run my fingers through her unruly hair and I will trace each letter trying to hear her voice in each one.

But I am thankful for today, right now, where she is and the joy of looking just beyond the focal reach of my lens and waving to her as she shouts "Mommy look at me, here I am."




Thankful for the changes in me that have made room for being myself and savoring each day, each moment, each circumstance;

good bad or indifferent

I am able to feel every victory, every loss and still have living within me a joy that is not guided or governed by those things

but placed within me by the God who loved me so much that He gave his Son for me


Thankful for 9 year old (soon to be 10 year old) curiosity about nature and her ability to find God in it all




Thankful for diver husband who works long and hard

and is captivated by fluid swimming things living in the sea

Thankful that he can find joy

A Song or Psalm of David. O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.
I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.
For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.
Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth (Psalm 108:1-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment