Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Faith Journals

Moving into new things now.

Blind but guided

With some details but not all of them.

Walking

clumsily groping and slapping ground with foot

desperate to know that there is firmament waiting

senses heightened

and when the air moves I feel Him brush by

His way of reminding me of His presence

when I feel less than spiritual

remembering that I can not see the wind but know it is there when it rattles the leaves of a tree

digging deep now

for faith buried in a place that I have only just discovered

knowing that I have used every last resource

every drop of me

knowing by this faith that all there is left is faith in a God-man

who's hope and peace and provision transcend any blindness and stumbling any need or lack

Knowing that the task at hand is not to look down and and worry for each step

but the real need, the real work is to look up, arms outstretched

to balance upon each step as He lay it before me.


Hab3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:  v18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
v19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Mat 6:24-34 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment