Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Year in Review!

I first have to say that no matter what has happened or where I have been this year, God is good and full of mercy! It's been an interesting year for me. I didn't get to do as much art as I had originally resolved to do (one of last years resolution ha!) Life happens so quickly and dramatically at times but oh well isn't life the stuff art is made of or does it go "Life imitates art far more than art imitates life"? I don't know, you'll just have to ask Mr. Oscar Wilde it was his aphorism!!! LOL But this year (as every year) I resolve to do more art since I haven't posted regularly over the past few months I am just gonna post one huge post and include everything I have been working on in the last few months as well as a look back at the past year there will be links to both art related posts as well as photography and just plain old ramblings so enjoy. And I pray that God would have his way and his will in each of your lives this year, that you would all come to know the love and grace of Jesus Christ and his close personal presence in the new year, and that each of you would create with Christ as your muse!
This is the work I just finished it is a set of mixed media blocks entitled "Words and Ideas" they are front and back so they can be rearranged any way you like and yes the key word was "finished" ha!









This is a mixed media/encaustic piece I did a few months ago and didn't post (forgot!)

Below is a big piece that I have finished about a month ago, I was asked to fill an upscale restaurants newly renovated walls with large scale art so hi-ho hi-ho it's giant arting I go!! This one measures 37"x30" including the frame. and there are 3 more I am working on that measure 24"x36" canvas and another 24x 36 canvas and a 36"x36" canvas


A look back at the past year is turning out to be a blessing in disguise, I see where I have succeeded and where I have failed and know what actions to take to in the year to come here is January of 2009 http://primfixins.blogspot.com/2009/01/being-present.html
May 2009: May was a great Month I couldn't decide which post to add so I included the entire month! http://primfixins.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html
Have a very Happy New Year and a safe and prosperous one as well, see ya'll next year!!!!

1 comment: