Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Belated Gratitude!

The feeling of accomplishment when I have completed a task

The ability to be so busy and yet find a few spare moments to be crazy with my kids!

A nine year old's anticipatory counting of the days till Christmas (every single day several times a day!)
An eight-teen year old who now recognizes that it was not just the gifts that made Christmas special but the feeling of being close and traditions

Traditions that knit a family together in a most unique way

Teaching my children that Christmas isn't about ourselves but demonstrating Christ to those in need

The look in my child's eyes as she realizes that not everyone is as happy at Christmas, the compassion and concern that fills her face and and the soft well meaning solutions that she offers in hope of curing the ache in the hearts of those people.

That God allows trial and affliction in even the righteous, that they may say in joy, I have heard of you by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye sees thee. Job 42:5

Praise God for he is indeed good and faithful always.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for you and your uplifting blog posts! Have a blessed Christmas, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful that you are you and I am me & your girls are beautiful in and out like their Mom ~ Merry Christmas to you and your family ~

    Hugs & namaste, Carol (artmusedog)

    ReplyDelete