Friday, June 5, 2009

"Rest"

This page is from a photograph I took several months ago, of the bench in my back yard. I did a image transfer over top of a gesso and acrylic (blue) background. Super simple, it took all of 20 minutes including drying time! I wanted to keep the page clean and minimal to express a calm and restful mood, as a reminder to my self that I need to rest. Taking a break from all of life's planed rigid moments is a necessity. Taking time away from the happenings of the day each day to be in God's presence is necessary to wage a good warfare. Sometimes we think that battle consists of just fighting and doing but really is not a good battle fought and the war often won with careful quiet observation, careful planning, and mental and spiritual preparation, we may wield a mighty sword, but if we are to tired and lack the emotional or spiritual stamina to hold it up and swing it, it will do us no good! I hope you all have a restful and peace filled weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! It's so amazing!!! And you say its easy?! I have no idea how to do that! Wow!

    Do you have photo shop?

    Hugs, Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Melissa...stopping by just to wish you happy weekend too! I liked the way you put interest in the photo by adding words into the bench!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is beautiful. Love the gorgeous blue background and how you added words to your photo transfer :)

    ReplyDelete