Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New work











Okay I have finished a piece completely for once this month!!!!! This is a canvas board prepared with Golden course pumice mixed in Spackle with a wash of several color acrylics, as well as crackle paste, the photo I took at Edison House a while back it is hand tinted with transparent oils then mosaic-ed with gold embossing between the squares I haven't added the text yet still looking for just the right text, the text will say "You Are A New Creation in Christ". This one will be either one of two or one of three (haven't decided yet). comment and let me know what you all think!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I think I remember you posting the photo a while back? It's great to see how it's evolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A major WOW here!!! This piece is gorgeous. I love everything about it, and it isn't even finished yet. The texture is so very cool, and the color also. This is awesome art! Kudos to you. Your inspiration for this came from a very special place. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an amazing piece for me just bc of the orange. i love it. the ugly duckling turned into a beautiful swan. it brings me to tears as does the song playing right now - Song Bird.
    i'll have to check to see if i can find her album. i love mosaic. what an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Swans ~ Very creative! Way to go!
    Sign me up for your One World giveaway ~ Carol at http://artmusedog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I love the gold embosing, and tile look! I love you work!

    ReplyDelete