Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday uuuggghhhh!!!!!


Well, here it is Monday and like I said on Saturday I am playing catch up on the things I didn't get done over the weekend!! But besides that I find myself desperately yearning for the presence of the Lord today. I feel myself getting bogged down again and when I get that way I begin to feel unhappy. I have to keep reminding myself of the true joy and happiness that I have inside me. The peace and joy that surpasses all human understanding, all feelings, and all logic. I have the source of all things living within me which is Jesus Jesus Christ himself "I know the Lord is always with me, I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts his praises! "
Psalm 16:8-9
I should do well to remember that the happiness that is a result of daily happenings is just temporary and I should look to the "happiness" that overrules and overrides the "happenings" in my day which is strong and lasting. If I can grab onto that joy which comes from God and develop it, then no matter what happens my joy will not be derailed, because I know that God is there and will rejoice over me ! So anyway, as I'm running all this by Kate (the family dog) she reminds me to take time to do the more important things (which in her opinion is scratching her back for like 3 hours straight!) But seriously I am stopping for the day and I'm gonna enjoy a book with my darling daughter Brianne while scratching the dog, and then I'm gonna pick up my teenager from school and listen to her for at least 30 minutes tell me how stupid her classes are and how even stupider her teachers are even though I have heard it several times already this month!!! Then I'm gonna remind her to find that joy that is not dependant upon her classes being great and hope she will follow my lead!!!!!

Happy are those who obey his decrees and search for him with all their hearts.
Psalm 119:2 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment